Hi! I'm Abigail Bronte and this is my blog about books! Please comment and subscribe

Sunday 21 April 2013

I'm a HG Geek!!

Hi guys!! It's been a lot time (sorry!), but today I have LOADS to talk about.

Anyway :D Book and Author of The Week are... The Hunger Games and Stephenie Meyer!

Now (hopefully) most of you will have heard of The Hunger Games. It's a trilogy of books by Suzanne Collins. The book is all about 16 year old Katniss Everdeen who lives in District 12 with her family and friends. Every year in each district (by the way there are 12 districts and they are like different sections in their country), there is a thing called 'the reaping'. The whole district are gathered together while Effie Trinket (a hunger games mentor), put her hand in the boxes full of names from boys and girls ages 12-18 . One boy and one girl are chosen every single year and then have to take part in The Hunger Games; a TV show where kids are forced to well... kill each other. The one rule in the games are: Kill or be killed.

When Katniss' sister (Prim) is chosen, she volunteers and her life is turned upside down. But she must stay alive in the arena, for Prim... for everyone she loves.

This book is so fantastic and I have actually become a bit obsessed with it recently. So yeah, I'd classify myself as a Hunger Games Geek! 

Notes about this book:
Some people do not like gore and violence, so please don't read this if you think you'll be distressed by it.

There is an excellent movie of the first hunger games book, here is a trailer before you watch it:


Anyway, I really recommend this book and I loved the first one so much that I am now reading the second book in the series.


Stephenie Meyer is the proud writer of the 'Twilight' books. Her books have (like the Hunger Games) become so popular they were made into films. 

Facts about her:
The idea of Twilight came to her in a dream on June 2003
She moved to Arizona when she was four years old
Stephenie met her current husband when she was four!!!

Before I go, I'd like to recommend two blogs for you:
tww1.blogspot.co.uk This is a blog about animals written by the brilliant Lilly Abott
http://acelebsprofile.blogspot.co.uk/ This blog is written by Luna Scotch and Faye Cinders :) By the way, if you find them on blogger you can check out their cooking blog as well.

Thanks!
Abby
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment