Hi! I'm Abigail Bronte and this is my blog about books! Please comment and subscribe

Monday 23 January 2012

Just A Myth

This is Readalot, I'm Abigail Bronte and I hope you enjoy this blog post! I've been thinking about different kinds of stories this week when I remembered myths and lengends. A myth is a story that is part true, part fiction. For example, Theseus And The Minotaur is a well known myth and a great one too! Why not read some myths or find out more about them at http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/. You can even write your own myth there and if you wish to find out information then go on the "about" label. Just before I say a book and author of the week, I'd like to remind you about something. The Readalot Writing Competition starts on Sunday, 11th March 2012! If you would like to enter, write your story and copy and paste it on an email so that I can read it . If you don't have a computer either borrow one or make sure that you are counting the words while writing on a notepad or something. Your story cannot be over 750 words and the story must have at least a bit of friendship in it. Next time I will also reveal a closing date. Anyway, book and author of the week are... The Worry Website and Louisa May Alcott! The Worry Website is an all time favourite of mine. It's written by Jacqueline Wilson and it's about a class who have a lot of worries and a fun but mad teacher.

Mr Speed, the class teacher creates a Worry Website on the computer in the classroom. At first no one wants to put a worry but soon the class are desperate for help and it does come to them. However, when the children write the worries their name is not displayed due to the fact that they may not want anyone to know who they are. This book isn funny and a great read so please look at it! Louisa May Alcott is dead now but if you go a little while back in time, she was the J.K.Rowling! Louisa wrote famous tales including Little Women, Moods and Jo's boys. She was American and is buried in Concord, in peace.

I had to choose a Website Of The Week because there is a website I discovered yesterday that I just fell in love with. And that is... First News! First News is a newspaper for kids but they have a website where you can read the news there. You can even write your own articles there so don't miss out! My email is abbybronte@hotmail.co.uk so please email me if you need to or you'd just like a chat. Bye! Abigail Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment