Hi! I'm Abigail Bronte and this is my blog about books! Please comment and subscribe

Sunday 23 December 2012

Readalot Christmas Special 2012

Ho ho ho! It's that time of year again... Christmas!!!!! Are you readers excited? You can probably guess I am! :)

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for not writing many posts this month. I didn't realise December would be so busy! Anyway...


This is Readalot's 2nd Christmas, and I want to make it a really good one. We've got loads of cool things coming up, so don't go!


Last year, I found out some people's favourite authors and they gave messages to them. I'm doing the same this year, because I think it's important to thank those hardworking writers.


Lolaaaaaa1 says: "Dear David Walliams, I think all your books are really funny and cool. For my birthday my older sister bought me your book called 'Mr Stink'. I looooovvvveee it soooooooooo much! THANKS!"


MandyEllens says: "Dear Sue Hampton, you are my favourite author ever so I want to say this... Thank you for writing such inspirational and creative books. When I'm older, I would like to be like you. If I had to choose my fave book written by you, I would say 'Traces'. Thank you and Merry xmas!"


JackyWACKY says: "Anthony Horowitz is wicked. I have all his books, but my favourite is the first Alex Rider book. My other favourite author is Jacqueline Wilson. It may sound weird but I really like her book Cliffhanger."


amy4 says: "i like megan mcdonald she is funny funny funny. and i like the gruffalo, it very good" (this was written by a 5 year old, awww!)


Thanks guys! I'm sure they would really appreciate these comments :)


This year Santa Claus was really busy. So I interviewed Mrs Claus this year on email:


Me: Hi Mrs Claus! How are you?

Mrs.C: I'm fine! But the North Pole is very busy at the moment :)
Me: So, got any goss, Mrs Claus?
Mrs.C: In fact, I do! One of those cheeky elves found out my secret recipe for Santa Surprise Cookies!

Me: They sound tasty!

Mrs C: You'll have to come to the North Pole some time soon and taste them! ;)
Me: Anything else?
Mrs C: Mr Claus and I discovered we had a long lost granddaughter! Her parents died when she was young, so she has come to live with us
Me: Wow! What's her name?
Mrs C: Her name is Evie. She didn't have a name, but we named her Evie because of Christmas Eve
Me: Aww, that's sweet! What's she like? How old is she?
Mrs C: Evie is very smiley and she has long, curly ginger hair and big brown eyes. She is eleven years old
Me: What's the most popular present this year?
Mrs C: Santa gave the list of what each child wants for Christmas to the elves. And the most wanted Christmas presents are the Wii U, Furby and phones.
Me: Wow, how many presents have the elves made so far?
Mrs C: Well over a billon
Me: Well thank you Mrs Claus, it has been wonderful talking to you!
Mrs C: Merry Christmas!
Me: :D

Mrs Claus sent me a photo of her to show you what she looks like:



She's exactly very pretty for someone of about 60 (no offence to other 60 year olds btw)

Now it's time for a Christmas Book Review! The Best Christmas book goes to... A Christmas Carol! Who could not like this touching and gripping novel?! The book really shows the true meaning of Christmas and is a story that will touch every person's heart, whatever age. Some people say 'it's sooooo old!' but just because the story is old, doesn't mean it's not good. Thank you Charles Dickens!


Best Book Of The Year goes to... The Raspberry Rules written by Karen McCombie! This book is all about a girl called Rowan who is arty and unique. Her life and how she sees things. I really do recommend this book, so why not try buying it as a Christmas prezzie for a friend? If you would like to buy it, click here: http://tinyurl.com/cc6axz9


Here are some fun games to play on Christmas Day:

Under The Christmas Tree


To play this game, you need....


1. A Christmas Tree

2. Presents
3. A blind fold or you can close your eyes

Firstly, you choose one person to be the Guesser. The Guesser closes their eyes and goes under the tree. With their eyes closed, they pick up a present from under the tree and they can...


Shake the present, feel the present or sniff the present. Then they have 3 chances to guess what the present is.


Bad Santa!


In this game, you choose a Santa and you choose a detective. The detective goes out of the room while the other players choose a Santa.


When the detective comes back in, the room is pitch black (light off) and the players are sitting in a circle in the middle of the room. 


One of the players is guilty and is the Evil Santa who steals presents! He is Santa's evil cousin (don't worry kids, Evil Santa isn't actually real!).


The detective sits by the stockings and closes their eyes like everyone else. Then the evil santa awakes and takes a stocking. They have to hide in somewhere in the room.


When they are done, they cough, and everyone awakes and the light goes on.


The detective has a chance to guess who the evil santa is. If he doesn't guess right, he must find the present. If he gives up, someone else gets to be the detective.


Activities to do in the new year:


  • Make your own mini mag
  • Design a top
  • Make your own blog or website
  • Have a movie and pizza night with your BFF's
  • Read Readalot (Lol)
  • Try and read 100 books in a year
  • Write a really long story
  • Make a YouTube video

   What do YOU want for Christmas?

rose555555 says: "For Christmas I want an Ipad"

JoJo says: "for Christmas i Want a BMX bike and a nike cap"
Eliza says: "For Christmas I would like to treat my granny to hot chocolate and muffins at my favourite cafe"

Remember when you open your presents on Christmas Day, Jesus was born on that day. And it is through Jesus that we have this special day.


I will be doing a diary entry tomorrow, because it is Christmas Eve tomorrow. 


I hope you have enjoyed reading this! And remember to watch Mr Stink, today at 6:30 pm on BBC 1.


Lots of love, Abigail Bronte xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment